Sunday, August 29, 2010

End of Summer

It is hard to believe the summer is coming to a close. It is always this way in Wisconsin------just seems like summer arrived and then it is already over. It has been very hot this July and August. The cats continue to laze around the yard and garden in the heat. They are quite content to lie in the grass at night when it cools a bit. I am already thinking of when and how we will "winterize" the porch. It changes a little every year. The two-story heated house is loaned out to a neighbor who has a few cats that we have worked together to TNR (trap-neuter-return) so this gives us more space to configure the beds for the winter. I recently bought a new one I think they will like. I make sure every cat has a heated bed and also provide a couple that aren't heated for the cats who are warm enough with their coats. It is good to have enough "space" for them to walk around to prevent any tiffs. We won't close-up the porch until then end of September, so for now-----I guess I should just enjoy what's left of the nice weather. Winter will be here soon enough!

0 comments:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.